August 2018. I took part in a Design hackathon that Shell had organised for its employees to develop innovative solutions for some of its retail challenges. Little did I know that that workshop would play an important role in my decision to change my career. I realised that day that I wanted to work in something more creative in the next phase of my career. IDEO was one of the companies that inspired me during the hackathon - it's a design consulting firm that has existed for over 30 yrs and pioneered in human centred design innovation. Today, almost an year later, I could visit this marvellous company in London and interact with their designers and learn about their projects. Dream come true. One day, look forward to working with them!
Though I visited London at its gloomiest days (it was pouring round the clock), these two people made the visit memorable for us. Family who are friends now, will look forward to visiting them again. London Borough market, Springer golf, Boardgames cafe, the Shard and Indian food! Sums up to a good lovely weekend. Waiting for the last but not least - Shakespear's play at the Globe, a perfect icing on the cake :)
I am often confused - this man I am married to wins almost all the games I play against him in. Should I be happy for him that he won or sad that I didn't win? :D But fortunately Moo came in tie with me, else I wouldn't have featured in this pic ;)
Boardgames are an inherent part of our DNA! Strongly recommend Shariff at Nottingham.
Life goal - I say we should play all the boardgames existent on earth before we turn 50. He says - we should buy them all instead. Will see.





No comments:
Post a Comment