Friday, May 4, 2012

Awareness!

Coming from a family where generations of engineers have predicted your future as a B.Tech grad from a reputed institution, it's impossible for you to envisage a world beyond 'Happy Days' or '5 point someone'.    Well, nothing tremendous really happened in 4 years of my college life at IITM that shook me off from my routine against to what was projected in the sources. But one thing I can certainly quote is that each seemingly trivial event I had experienced in these four years has left an impact of its own upon me and they still remain fresh in my mind.

Known for a highly ambitious character in my family, the most common question that I used to encounter before I cleared JEE was "What's your aim in life?".  The moment the results were out, everyone seemed to have got their answer excepting me! That was when engineering life for a second  appeared  like a cob web to me. I knew it for a fact that the upcoming college days would be one of the most memorable days of my life but the brand IIT tag associated with this belief scared the hell outta me. Hence I decided to spend my first few days at college pursuing my PASSIONS and may be to explore and discover new interests. That's how I ended up as a 'Muggu' for the first three semesters as learning anything that involved logic (more precisely math) is one of my all time favorites and luckily almost all my subjects ended up interesting enough to mug. Here and there, I took part in a few technical as well as cultural activities but not that worth mentioning here anyway.

Saarang and Shaastra cordships were the ones that have helped me to expand my network (if only I had one), and this I would say was the beginning of my biggest realization in life - "Awareness"! I came across people from varied backgrounds possessing completely exclusive perceptions of life. After meeting several of them, I was surprised to know that I had no passion of my own after all. This led me to a further more important realization - I hardly knew anything about myself!

This in a way, happened to me at the right time when I was set to go on a student exchange programme. Since then I have made it a habit to observe myself and my actions and believe me, it's the most interesting thing one can do in life. I'm now comparatively more aware of myself but not wholly. It's a never ending process in itself.

With this experience, I can finally sum up my four years of college life in just one statement:
Life according to me, is centered around YOUR THOUGHTS and the PEOPLE whom you associate with those thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment